It’s getting cold outside and this simple-to-make treat is perfect for the sweater weather that’s coming.
the usually round, red or yellow, edible fruit of a small tree, Malus sylvestris, of the rose family.
- 4 large baking apples, such as Honeycrisp
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature (Vegan butter can be a replacement)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a paring knife or apple corer to remove the stem and seeds from the apples, making a deep hole where the filling will go.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon, mix well. Add the nuts. Spoon mixture evenly into each of the apples.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to a baking dish and place apples on top.
- Bake until the apples are soft and the filling is browned, 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon the sauce drippings from the pan over the apples. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
How To Core An Apple
Inspired by https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/