- 4 large baking apples such as Honeycrisp
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter room temperature (Vegan butter can be a replacement)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a paring knife or apple corer to remove the stem and seeds from the apples, making a deep hole where the filling will go.
- How To Core An Apple
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon, mix well. Add the nuts. Spoon mixture evenly into each of the apples.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to a baking dish and place apples on top.
- Bake until the apples are soft and the filling is browned, 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon the sauce drippings from the pan over the apples. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.