- 2 Eggs
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3-4 cups Cauliflower
- 1 Lemon
- 1 bunch of Kale, stemmed (about 5 packed cups)
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1/4 cup Hemp Seeds or Roasted Almonds
- 2 Tbsps Butter
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 1/3 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare the ingredients.
- Roast the cauliflower: On a baking sheet lined with parchment, toss the cauliflower with olive oil, salt & pepper. Arrange in a single, even layer and roast about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and fork-tender. Remove from the oven. Carefully transfer to a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the parmesan breadcrumbs: While the cauliflower roasts, heat 1 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium pan (preferably nonstick) over medium-high until hot. Add the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to season. Toast, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese. Wash up the pan.
- Cook & peel the eggs: While the cauliflower continues to roast, carefully add the eggs to the pot of boiling water. Cook for exactly 6 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water for 1 minute to stop the cooking process. When cool enough to handle, peel the cooked eggs and set aside in a warm place.
- Cook the kale: While the eggs cook, in the pan used to toast the breadcrumbs, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes, or until softened. Add the kale and ¼ cup of water; add salt and pepper to season. Cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes, or until the kale becomes tender and wilted. Turn off the heat; stir in the lemon zest. Transfer it to the bowl of roasted cauliflower. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste. Wash up the pan.
- Make the sauce & plate your dish: In the same pan, heat the butter on medium-high until melted. Cook, stirring frequently and swirling the pan, about 2 minutes, or until the butter is deep golden brown. Turn off the heat. Stir in the capers, parsley and the juice of all 4 lemon wedges; season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the roasted cauliflower and cooked kale between 2 bowls.
- Top with the parmesan breadcrumbs, roasted almonds, peeled eggs and sauce. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Inspired by Blue Apron