- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 3 pieces Cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into 2- x 1/2-inch strips (4 cups)
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ tbsp Salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Add butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it’s melted. Cook for 3 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- Toss sliced cucumbers in a rectangular cake pan with 1 Tbs. brown butter, salt, and sugar. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and preheat the broiler. Add chives, tarragon, dill, and lemon zest to cucumbers, and toss to coat. Season with pepper, if desired.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and remaining 1 Tbs. brown butter in a bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over cucumbers. Broil for 2 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Inspired by Vegetariantimes