Vegan Smoky Sweet Glazed Vegetables
- 2 parsnips peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red and 1 orange bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 Cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- Half bottle of Jack Daniel’s® Smoky Sweet Glaze
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup for toppings
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F/204C.
- Add the vegetables and the oil in a large mixing bowl; toss until vegetables are evenly coated and season before adding them to the baking sheet.
- Spread vegetables out evenly on a large baking tray. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soft and tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a dry cold pan, turn on the pan to high and essentially blister the tomatoes, let them toast for about five minutes or until you notice color on the tomato a dash of canola oil to finish the tomatoes and take them off the heat and mix in the rest of the vegetables.
- Drizzle over a healthy coating of Jack Daniel’s® Smoky Sweet Glaze and finish off in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Put maple syrup on top and serve with a pot of Jack Daniel’s® Smoky Sweet Glaze, add vinegar, stir in and to dip and toasted bread.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.