- 2 peeled and sliced potatoes
- As needed but at least a pint of all-purpose flour
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup garden peas
- 20 fresh tomatoes
- 10 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes
- a sprig of fresh thyme
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- Pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to mash for about 25-30 until it’s fork-tender.
- Mash the potato and leave to cool down before adding to a large bowl with the flour.
- Stir until the ingredients come together to form a dough.
- Knead the dough just like any type of dough and set aside for 1 hour so it becomes firmer so it is easier to work with.
- Roll the dough out into a long cylinder with a circumference roughly the size of your thumb. Cut the dough into 1 cm cubes and roll each piece in flour to coat. With the fork, press gently each piece of gnocchi.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and cook the gnocchi for one minute
- For the sauce:
- Fry the cubed aubergines and garlic in vegetable oil in a pan.
- After 3 minutes, add the fresh tomatoes and the sun-dried tomatoes to the pan.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the garden peas.
- Season with a bit of black pepper, salt and add the fresh thyme.
- Turn the heat off and then add the cooked gnocchi, add basil while gently stirring them into the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Inspired by Vegan and Food Living
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.