(Cooking Time: 55minutes \ Preparation Time: 20 minutes\ Servings: 8)
Pumpkin is high in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E and lentils are rich in fibre, folate and potassium. In this recipe I made lentil and pumpkin casserole which is quicker to make but just as hearty.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 235g
- Fats 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.6mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39 g
- Protein 13 g
- ½ pound of green lentils
- 1 pound of pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 2 red onions
- 4 canned peeled tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp of turmeric
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Peel an onion and stick the cloves in it.
- Chop an onion into dices
- Put the lentils in a saucepan, cover them with cold water and bring to the boil.
- At the first broth, lower the heat and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the pumpkin and carrots and cut everything into cubes.
- Do the same with the second onion and the clove of garlic.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced pumpkin and carrot, garlic, turmeric and stir for 5 minutes over medium heat; then add the vegetable broth and the peeled tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add salt and pepper.
- Then add the cooked and drained lentils and mix well.
- Serve hot.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.