(Cooking Time: 20 minutes \ Preparation Time: 15 minutes\ Servings: 4)
Spinach helps in reducing the risks of high blood sugar, high blood pressure, and cancer. It is also good for the skin, hair, and eyesight. Spanish contains minerals such as potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, and manganese which help the body to regulate body fluids and cell functions.
This lentil spinach soup is super healthy and made in one pot with minimal ingredients.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 140g
- Fats: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18 g
- Protein 3g
- 1 pound of fresh spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy cream
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Peel and chop the onion
- 1/2 Cup dried lentils
- Chop an onion; then in a casserole dish, brown it for 2 minutes in a drizzle of olive oil. Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes, while stirring.
- Boil Lentils in a small saucepan until they are very soft. Mash with a potato masher and then set aside.
- Combine vegetable broth and Lentils and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the soy cream, salt, and pepper and mix everything.
- Pour the hot spinach soup into bowls.
- Serve and enjoy your soup!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.