Vegan lentil meatballs
- 2 cups of lentils
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of miso
- 1 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp of malted yeast optional
- 1 tbsp of basil fresh or dried
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the lentils for about 20 minutes. Drain the lentils and set it aside in a bowl.
- Coarsely blend the lentils with the peeled and finely chopped garlic and onion, breadcrumbs, miso, malted yeast, coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Season with the salt and the pepper
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Using your hands; form meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a baking dish. Lightly oil the surface of the meatballs and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your lentil meatballs!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.