The perfect dish for a gathering between family or friends.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cup Seitan Chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms (about 18 small whole mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 dark, stout beer (12-14oz can or bottle)
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 15 small potatoes
- 2 bay leaves4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs vegan Worcestershire sauce (I like Annie’s Naturals Organic Worcestershire)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbs corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 1 Tbs water (to make a thickening slurry)
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium and add the seitan chunks when hot, add olive oil and onions. Soften onions in a few tablespoons of veg broth.
- Add chopped celery and carrot, let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and stir.
- Clean mushrooms and cut in half, add mushrooms to the pot and simmer until slightly reduced in size.
- Stir well in tomato paste and add beer, then simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth and potatoes that have been cut in half.
- Add all seasonings and bring to a slow boil. Test to taste and reduce heat and cover.
- Add mix cornstarch and water and stir into the stew to thicken. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve warm.
Inspired by BrandNewVegan