Lentils With Carrots
- ½ pound of green lentils or 1 large tin canned plain lentils
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 can of tomato 1 pound
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of Smoked tofu optional
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Peel and mince the garlic and onion
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the cumin and turmeric, stir. Add the onion, garlic and carrots cut into rings.
- Then add the green lentils, tomato pulp and pepper; then, little by little, add the broth and simmer over low heat until the lentils cook and all the broth is absorbed (about 1 hour).
- You can use a large can of 2 pounds of canned lentils but in this case you add it only at the end of cooking
- You can add diced smoked tofu for a tastier preparation and an extra portion of protein.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.