Inspired by CauldronFoods
- 2 tbsp preferred oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon rind (approximately 1 medium lemon)
- 1 pack of Cauldron Organic Tofu, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and cut into long, thin ribbons or rounds
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fry the tofu pieces in 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove and drain into a separate dish.
- Preheat the remaining oil and fry the garlic for 2 minutes. Add the coriander, cumin and turmeric and fry for a further 1-2 minutes then stir in the ginger and lemon rind. Add brown sugar and cook for 1-2 minutes then add the coconut milk. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and stir in the fried tofu pieces, add the desiccated coconut and spring onions and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with warm rice.