(Cooking Time: 25 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 2)
Plantains are rich in potassium and also loaded with dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It helps to control hypertension and prevent constipation and colon cancer. Here I introduce my favorite Plantain and Ginger Gratin recipe which is so easy to make and so tasty that you can make it for dinner in a row!
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 220g
- Fats: 12g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21g
- Protein: 15g
- 1 plantain
- 1 slice of fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 pinch of powdered ginger
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of yeast
- Cut the plantain into slices that are not too thin. Chop the slice of ginger.
- Brown the banana and ginger in a pan with a little butter and place in the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200°/400°F
- Make your béchamel either in a saucepan.
- Melt the butter, add the flour then dilute with the soy milk, salted and add the spices.
- Put in the Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Pour over the bananas.
- Sprinkle with brewer’s yeast and brown in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; then serve and enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.