(Cooking Time: 55 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 4)
Did you know one cup of baked sweet potato provides nearly half of your daily vitamin C needs? Also, it Is rich in vitamin A and fibre which help you to maintain healthy skin, vision, and organ function. This glazed sweet potato recipe is super easy and has become a favorite with kids as well.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 180g
- Fats: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29g
- Protein: 1.1g
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of pitted plums
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil + the gratin dish
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 chopped zest of an orange
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 4 tbsp of finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F. Cut sweet potatoes into wedges lengthwise; then cut each quarter in half.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, honey, oil, zest, salt and cinnamon. Pour evenly over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger.
- Cover your baking dish with an aluminium foil and bake it in the oven for about 45 minute; then remove the paper; baste the sweet potatoes with the cooking juices; Bake another 10 minutes uncovered until the sweet potatoes are completely cooked and nicely browned.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.