(Cooking Time: 25 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 4)
Have you ever heard about the mother of all grains? Well.. it is Quinoa.
Quinoa is a plant-based source rich in protein, fiber, and various minerals and vitamins. It is the best alternative to a gluten-free diet as it can dramatically increase the nutrient and antioxidant value. Quinoa is better than rice as it provides the required intake of protein, calcium, iron, and fiber.
Paella is a popular dish in Spain and you can make it in your own kitchen with simple ingredients like rice, saffron, vegetables, chicken, and seafood.
Try this recipe to enjoy the delicious quinoa paella recipe and thank me later!
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 416g
- Fats: 19g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52g
- Protein: 11g
- 1 ½ tbsp of olive oil
- 1 shallot , minced
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- ½ pound of artichoke hearts
- 1 pound of button mushrooms , sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1 pound of carrots, grated
- 3 green onions, cut into chunks
- 2 cups of kalamata olives
- 2 cups of Quinoa; rinsed
- 1 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 pinch saffron powder
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the shallot and the garlic, cook for 2 minutes, add the artichokes and the mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes. Add the other vegetables, cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the Quinoa in the vegetable broth with the saffron for 10 minutes.
- Put the Quinoa in a serving dish, add the vegetables, mix gently and finish with the parsley.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.