Inspired One Green Planet
- 1/2 cup tofu
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 medium carrots (cut into 1-inch long pieces)
- 1 cup kombu shiitake dashi (or water)
- 8 large, fresh (not dried) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green beans, (chopped)
- 1 tspn Shichimi togarashi
- In a medium-size bowl, put the textured soy protein and boiling water and stir them together. Set the bowl aside and let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the textured soy protein to rehydrate. Don’t forget to stir it again before using.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and dashi in a pot, cover, and cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the rehydrated textured soy protein, mushrooms, soy sauce, mirin, sugar, garlic, and nutritional yeast and gently stir everything together. Then partially cover the pot with the lid (this slows evaporation down slightly), and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the green beans and simmer for 2 minutes, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Serve with a sprinkling of shichimi togarashi.