Inspired by SharonPalmer
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely sliced
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 4 large vegan sausages (i.e., Field Roast, Tofurky, or home-made), sliced in half
- 1 ½ cups fresh sauerkraut or julienne cabbage
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper( whole)
- 8 juniper berries
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- Salt to taste
- First, heat the oven to 375 F. Then, prepare vegetables and vegan sausage. Arrange it in a baking dish.
- Top with fresh sauerkraut, olive oil, bay leaves, peppercorns, and juniper berries.
- Put together ingredients in the baking dish to distribute evenly.
- Place on the top shelf of the oven and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Serve with whole grain mustard as desired.