(Cooking Time: 15 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 4)
Cucumbers are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals. This recipe is a mildly spiced vegan curry made with cucumber and cashews which is a great way of using cucumbers in cooking. This will surely make a great side dish.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 297g
- Fats: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 9.63g
- Protein: 6.9g
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 organic cucumbers
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp potato or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder (or 1 vegetable cube)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Optional: fresh coriander and nigella seeds
- Slice the onion and brown it in a pan with olive oil and curry powder.
- Partially peel the cucumbers, cut them into large slices then the slices into 4.
- When the onion begins to brown a little, add the cucumber pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk 100ml of water with the cornstarch and the powdered broth, until you obtain a smooth, lump-free mixture. Add this liquid to the pan, along with the cashews.
- Mix and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the liquid has reduced in the pan, add the rest of the water.
- Leave to cook for a few more minutes (prick a piece of cucumber with a knife to check if it is cooked, the knife should sink into it easily)
- Serve and enjoy your dish!