Inspired by TasteofHome
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 chopped red onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- Place cabbage and enough water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Set heat to low; simmer and cover until cabbage is tender for about 8-10 minutes. Drain, and keep cabbage warm in a separate dish.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for at least 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, place soy milk, green onions, salt and pepper in a small saucepan; bring just to a boil and remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl and mash. Add soy milk mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in cabbage. Serve and top with parsley.