High-Zinc Spinach with Hazelnut
- 1 ½ pounds of spinach preferably fresh
- 4 tbsp of ground hazelnuts
- 2 shallots
- 1 good clove of garlic
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp of roasted hazelnut oil
- 1 tbsp of peanut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Put the hazelnuts to brown in a heated oven to 180°C/360°F for about 10 minutes, watching the coloring (must not burn). In a frying pan, heat a little peanut oil and sauté the minced shallots (they should not brown).
- Add the finely chopped garlic. Cook very gently without burning the garlic for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Discard the excess fat; replace it with a good 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and 4 to 5 tablespoons of roasted hazelnut oil.
- Put the spinach to cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring regularly so as not to attach and evaporate the water from the vegetables.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the roasted hazelnut powder and a pinch of ground nutmeg and mix well.
- To finish, adjust the seasoning, put in the serving dish
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.