Inspired by: Easyanddelish
- 2 cups medium to small okra
- 3 cups water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt divided
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Clean the okra with a paper towel and set aside. In a large saucepan, bring water, 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, and vinegar to a boil. Blanch 1/2 of the okra for 3 minutes, strain, and immerse in a bowl with ice and water. Strain well and set aside. Do remaining batch in same water.
- Quarter the tomatoes. Seed and remove the center parts. Cut the tomatoes lengthwise into 6 pieces, similar to the size of the okra. You should have about 1-1/2 cups.
- Place the cut tomatoes in a strainer and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt. Let drain for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, place 1 teaspoon salt, sugar, and black pepper. Whisk in the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Toss the okra with the tomatoes and 2/3 of the dressing. Spread the rest of the dressing in the center of a plate. Then, sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!