(Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4)
I have already mentioned the health benefits of quinoa in my past quinoa recipes. This is an exciting recipe with quinoa and spinach which is packed with flavor and healthy ingredients. Try this interesting version of quinoa that is tasty, attractive, and easy.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 109.6g
- Fats: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 4.3mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 12.5g
- Protein: 10.3g
- ½ pound of quinoa
- 1 pound of spinach (frozen)
- 1 tbsp of liquid cream
- 1 tsp curry powder (be generous)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of Salt
- 1pinch of ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water with a little salt for 12 minutes. Drain and reserve in a salad bowl.
- Mix the spinach with the liquid cream, curry and cumin then heat in a saucepan for a few minutes. The mixture should have a puree consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Grease your gratin dish with vegetable oil.
- Place the quinoa in the first layer.
- Pour the mashed spinach curry on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put it under the oven grill for barely 5 minutes then serve immediately.
- Enjoy your spinach Quinoa Bake!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.