(Cooking Time: 10 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes \ Servings: 3)
Brown rice is an excellent source of many nutrients that help to maintain a healthy life. It is rich in dietary fiber and a high level of magnesium. Brown rice helps to make you less vulnerable to heart diseases.
This brown rice recipe is hearty, tasty, and full of nutrients which is a perfect way to incorporate whole grains into your diet.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 185g / Fats: 1.5g / Cholesterol: 0.0mg / Total Carbohydrate: 22g / Protein: 4.1g
- ½ pound of brown rice
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 2 zucchini
- 2 small carrots
- 1 white leek
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- a few sprigs of tarragon and basil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Wash and drain brown rice. Heat 4 times its volume of salted water. When boiling, add the rice and cook for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the eggplants; cut them in half lengthwise and cut them into thin strips without peeling them. Scrape the carrots and cut them into thin rounds. Wash a white leek and cut it into slices.
- Arrange all the vegetables in the compartment of a steamer. Cover, bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are “al dente”.
- Drain the cooked rice. Pour it into a casserole. Incorporate 1 tbsp of tomato paste and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Heat over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon
- To finish
- Add the cooked vegetables. Season with salt and pepper; mix gently and simmer for 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Transfer to a heated hollow dish. Sprinkle with sprigs of tarragon and basil.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!