(Cooking Time: 25 minutes Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4)
This is a perfect recipe for chili lovers who are looking for a quick and delicious diet plus a nice protein boost. Red beans are rich in fiber and help to prevent colon cancer and control blood sugar while quinoa acts as a whole grain which is rich in protein, fiber, various minerals and vitamins.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 534g
- Fats: 24g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 62g
- Protein: 16g
- ½ pound of sweet potato
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 small can of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa for 10 minutes in boiling water.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into small dice.
- Peel and mince the onion. Peel, degerm and press the garlic cloves.
- Place the sweet potato, garlic, onion and spices in a large sauté pan or wok with a drizzle of olive oil and cook over medium heat, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the tomato pulp. Mix and heat over high heat for 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the beans. Add them to the rest of the preparation. Pour in the vegetable broth, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly. At the end of cooking, add the cooked and drained quinoa. Season with salt and pepper and, if you like, add a few drops of chili sauce.
- Mix well and serve, possibly with rice.
- Enjoy your chilli!