Inspired by: yupitsvegan
- 2 recipe almond ricotta (can be prepared in advance)
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 and 1/4 cups marinara sauce (or other sauce of choice) (can be prepared in advance)
- 2 recipe cashew mozzarella (can be prepared in advance)
- 13 oz dry lasagna noodles (or use oven-ready noodles)
- hemp parmesan (optional, for serving)
- Prepare the almond ricotta according to recipe instructions in the food processor. Add the chickpea flour to the food processor and blend it in well. Remove half of the mixture from the food processor and set aside. To the remaining half, add the fresh spinach and basil leaves, and pulse until the leaves are broken into small pieces and the mixture is light green. Remove and set aside.
- With a few drops of olive oil added to the water, par-boil the lasagna noodles for 4 minutes to prepare them for using in the lasagna. For best results, do this right before assembling the lasagna; drain the noodles but do not rinse them. Set them somewhere in a single layer if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 1/2 cup tomato sauce to the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, and spread it out evenly. Layer 4 of the lasagna noodles on top. To this layer, add the white ricotta mixture and spread it into an even layer. On top of the white ricotta add 1 cup of tomato sauce and spread it out evenly.
- Repeat by adding 1 more layer of noodles, the green ricotta mixture, and another 1 cup of sauce. Add one last layer of noodles, and on top of the last noodles add the final 1 cup of sauce, and then all of the cashew mozzarella, dolloping it as evenly as you can. Optional: for better browning, spray the top of the lasagna lightly with oil.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the dish and return to the oven. Turn the oven temperature up to 400 and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the top is starting to lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing and serving, sprinkled with hemp seed parmesan if desired.