(Cooking Time: 35 minutes Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4)
These roasted eggplant rolls are a nice way to satisfy people who are non-fans of eggplants. It’s simple and easy to prepare, but delicious and you can present it very nicely. It will pair excellently with warmed pasta sauce.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 95.3g
- Fats: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 6.3g
- Protein: 7.1g
- 2 eggplants
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of basil leaves (a little)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F). Remove the stems from the eggplants, rinse them and cut them into thin slices. Arrange them on a non-stick baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, brush them with the oil and bake for about 20 minutes, turning them over halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa and cook it for about 15 minutes in twice its volume of salted water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and sauté the peeled and minced onion. Add the pine nuts and brown them for a few minutes. Incorporate the quinoa, salt, pepper and mix.
- Garnish the roasted eggplant slices with the mixture and roll them on themselves. Divide among plates, sprinkle with chopped basil, drizzle with the remaining oil and serve.
- Enjoy your dish!