(Cooking Time: 20 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 3)
Parsley is rich in vitamin C, Vitamin A, and other antioxidants which play an important role in supporting your immune health and protecting you from chronic diseases. This simple recipe guides you to prepare a healthy and nutritious soup that has been made of humble ingredients. It’s creamy and magically delicious.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 275g
- Fats: 16g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 12g
- Protein: 12g
For the broth:
- Parsley stalks – 1 cup, keep the leaves for the soup.
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 4 cups of water
For the soup:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of cornflour
- 3 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of juice lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
Preparation of the broth:
- First pour the water into a large saucepan and put it on medium heat.
- Then add the chopped parsley stalks, chopped onion and garlic cloves, peeled and diced carrots, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Mix then bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then pour the broth through a colander and collect the liquid in another saucepan, just reserve the carrots and discard the rest.
Preparation of the soup:
- First heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan and fry the minced garlic for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Then add the minced onion and continue to stir for another minute over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, mix cornstarch with the 3 tbsp of water in a bowl.
- Then add the parsley leaves, reserved carrots, broth, lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar, mix with the spatula.
- Once the soup begins to boil, add the cornstarch mixture while stirring, and then cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the soup begins to thicken remove it from the heat.
- Finally here is your soup rich in vitamin C, serve with toast and slices of lemon
- Enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.