(Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation Time: 5 minutes Servings: 3)
In this recipe, I guide you to prepare a perfect solution for your chiller days or when you have a cold. Not only that, this recipe itself can be used for your lunch on a warm day as well. This is a classic blend of tomatoes and peppers that comes out as a colorful plus nutrient-rich soup.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 138g
- Fats: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 15g
- Protein: 2.6g
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup of tomato juice
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small can of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of chopped basil
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Sauté for ten minutes in olive oil; the minced shallot, the minced garlic clove and the red pepper previously cut into thin strips
- Pour in the tomato juice and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree then the cream. Mix everything.
- Season with 1 pinch of salt and pepper; then dry toast the pine nuts. Gently place them on the soup; then sprinkle with basil.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.