Inspired By: Caroline’s Cooking
- 5 sheets filo pastry (approx 8oz/225g)
- 2 oz feta cheese 113g, crumbled
- 2 oz ricotta 85g
- 1 oz parmesan 53g, finely grated
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter or a little more, as needed
- 1 Egg
- Slowly beat the egg and add the cheeses. Mix them well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and line a large baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment.
- Melt the butter and get your pastry ready, keeping unused sheets covered with it’s wrapping or under a damp cloth.
- Put a sheet of pastry on a dry surface, brush lightly with butter and top with another sheet of pastry. Brush this sheet with butter and top with a third sheet of pastry.
- Cut the pastry in to 6 strips, around 2 ½in (6cm) wide (so their length is the short width of the filo sheet).
- Put a tablespoon of the cheese mixture at one end of each strip, fold over a corner in a triangle then continue folding over the triangle to use up all the pastry. Seal the end with more butter.
- Transfer each triangle to a lined baking sheet, folded edge down, and brush with more butter.
- Repeat with the rest of the pastry strips, then with more sheets to use all the cheese mixture.
- Bake the pastries for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.