Inspired by: Greedy Gourmet
- 12 medium eggplants, washed and pierced with fork
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 125ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 150g (5oz) spring onions, thinly sliced
- 60g (1 cup) fresh parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 5g (1 tsp) salt
- 3g (½ tsp) ground black pepper
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- Set each eggplant on a gas hob and turn a quarter every 5 minutes. The process should take 30 minutes in order for the eggplants to be completely charred all over and completely cooked through. They will have a “collapsed” appearance.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to completely cool down.
- In a food processor blitz together extra virgin olive oil and garlic and set aside.
- Add all the cooked eggplants and give it a quick blitz. It’s up to you how chunky or smooth you like your dips.
- Add the remaining ingredients and give it a quick blitz.
- Spoon onto four meze plates. Drizzle with olive oil and place Kalamata olives in the middle.
- Serve with flatbread, crudités or breadsticks as part of a main meal, light lunch or simply a snack on its own. Enjoy!