Inspired by: Wil and Wayan’s Bali Kitchen
- 100g beansprouts
- 100g green beans
- ½ cup dessicated coconuts
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 stick of lemongrass (crushed)
- ½ a cube of vegetable stock (mixed with 2 cups of hot water)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
For Spice Paste
- (grind in a pestle and mortar or blend in a food processor)
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 cm galangal
- ½ tsp tumeric powder
- 1 chilli pepper or more (to make it more spicy)
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- First is to mix the dessicated coconut with the ground spice paste, bay leaf, kaffir lime leaf, 2 cups of vegetable stock, and lemongrass.
- Simmer and reduce until there is only a little water remaining.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Boil the green beans and beansprouts until they are cooked but still a little crispy, then remove from the pan and drain.
- Add the spices to the vegetables just before serving and mix thoroughly.