Inspired By: Delicious Magazine
- 150g dried fettucine
- Splash olive oil
- 50ml double cream
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra to serve
- 50g butter
- Handful flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Bring to boil a salted water in a large pan and cook the fettuccine for 7 minutes, or until a little underdone. Drain the pasta reserving 200ml water. Toss the pasta with flaky sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a splash of olive oil to stop it sticking.
- In a heavy-based frying pan put the cream, cheese and butter and bring to heat, deep for a few minutes and stir over medium heat. Pour in the reserved pasta cooking water and bring to the boil. Season generously and stir in the cooked pasta.
- Slowly simmer the pasta in the sauce, stirring, for 4 minutes. The sauce may look a little runny at first, but it will thicken and become coating consistency as it cools. Turn off the heat, let the pasta stand for 1 minute, toss through the parsley, season to taste and serve in bowls with extra parmesan.
NOTE: Add Pesto for beautiful green pasta