A guilty pleasure, you don’t need to feel guilty about.
Veggie Pumpkin Stir-Fry with Salted Egg
- 1 1/2 Kabocha or Buttercup Squash Chopped into 2″ pieces
- 4 salted eggs cooked and separate yolk and white roughly chopped
- 6 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 3 Sprigs of spring onion diced
- 1 dash of black pepper to add some zing!
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil, add the salted egg yolks to the oil and fry until bubbly, foamy and slightly golden. Use spatula to break up the yolk. About 3 mins on medium high heat.
- Stir in chopped garlic.
- Add the squash and evenly coat them with the yolk mixture.
- Mix in the salted egg whites and cook till the squash is soft and tender about 10 mins.
- Add the spring onion and mix, cook for another 2 mins.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
Inspired by: choochoocashew
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.