- 250 g plain flour
- 130 g caster sugar
- 130 g + 60 g vegan margarine (we like Pure Dairy-Free Soya Spread)
- 65 g demerara sugar
- 650 g Braeburn apples, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 250 g blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- In a large bowl mix the flour and caster sugar using your fingers, work in 120 g of the vegan margarine until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. (Do not overwork or the crumble will become heavy.) Sprinkle evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the remaining vegan margarine and demerara sugar then cook over medium heat, stirring until the mixture turns a light caramel colour, about 3 minutes. Stir in the apples and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the blackberries and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the warm fruit into an oven-proof gratin dish, top with the crumble mixture and heat in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
Inspired By: Peta UK