I know most of you are major fans of waffles! Waffles come with many fruit flavors like banana waffles, apple cinnamon waffles etc. In this recipe, I’m going to tell you about my secret pumpkin waffles recipe. Just try it out and I’m sure you will love these waffles with delicious pumpkin flavor.
(Cooking Time: 25 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes\ Servings: 6)
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 148 g
- Fats 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 62mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19 g
- Protein 4.5g
- 1 pound of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 ½ cups vegan butter
- 5 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of cashew cheese
- 1 pound of pumpkin flesh
- 1 Pinch of ground black pepper
- Wash and slice a piece of pumpkin. Peel it.
- Steam them for 20 minutes (oven or basket) or steam them in a pan with a glass of water
- Drain them and let them cool.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites.
- With a small mixer, mix the sifted flour with the baking soda, the pinch of salt, the egg yolks, the milk and the butter.
- Coarsely grate or blend the cheese and add it to the mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- Mash the pumpkin with a fork. Add it to the mixture.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Reserve the dough in the fridge until you make the waffles
- To make the waffles, follow the instructions given for your waffle maker. As the dough is more liquid, prolong the cooking a little. 4 minutes in my waffle maker.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough
- Serve and enjoy your waffles!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.