Vegetarian Pumpkin Waffles
- 1 pound of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 ½ cups vegan butter
- 5 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of cashew cheese
- 1 pound of pumpkin flesh
- 1 Pinch of ground black pepper
- Wash and slice a piece of pumpkin. Peel it.
- Steam them for 20 minutes (oven or basket) or steam them in a pan with a glass of water
- Drain them and let them cool.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites.
- With a small mixer, mix the sifted flour with the baking soda, the pinch of salt, the egg yolks, the milk and the butter.
- Coarsely grate or blend the cheese and add it to the mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- Mash the pumpkin with a fork. Add it to the mixture.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Reserve the dough in the fridge until you make the waffles
- To make the waffles, follow the instructions given for your waffle maker. As the dough is more liquid, prolong the cooking a little. 4 minutes in my waffle maker.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough
- Serve and enjoy your waffles!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.