(Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4)
Amount per Serving
Total Carbohydrate 28g
35 zucchini flowers
2 cups chickpea flour
21 cup of cold water
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp of parsley (optional)
1 pinch of ground black pepper or mixed berries
- Thoroughly clean the zucchini flowers with your fingers, they are very fragile, and they must be handled delicately.
- Avoid passing them under water so as not to damage them too much.
- Make the fritters dough
- Mix the chickpea flour, with ½ cup of water and a pinch of salt.
- You can also add chopped parsley for an original touch
- Put a good amount of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat (Beware of the smoke point).
- Start soaking the flowers and put them one at a time in the hot pan
- Do not add too much otherwise they may cool the oil.
- When they are crispy, turn them over
- Place them on absorbent paper.
- If there are a lot to do, put them in the oven at T°1 (30°) so that they don’t cool while you fry everything.
- Otherwise they can be eaten very well warm.
- Once everything is cooked, divide between plates and season with pepper and salt
- Serve and enjoy your zucchini flower fritters
You can also make a sauce with fresh tomatoes to dip the flowers in.
For your kitchen tools, check Sur La Table.
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.