(Cooking Time: 15 minutes \ Preparation Time: 0 minutes \ Servings: 3)
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Calories 297g / Fats 9.3g / Cholesterol 0mg / Total Carbohydrate 11g / Protein 6g
- Food processor
- Vegetable peeler
- 2 zucchini
- 1 small can of cherry tomatoes
For the pesto:
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp raw cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Start by preparing the pesto, mainly because it becomes tastier as it rests a bit.
- Blend cashews, olive oil, basil, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Cover and refrigerate. Cut off the ends of each zucchini. Then, using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini into strips.
- Repeat this process until you have peeled enough strips for the amount of rolls you want to make. Set aside.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and put them in a bowl. Prepare toothpicks. On a flat surface, lay out a slice of zucchini, put a spoonful of pesto and spread it evenly.
- Place a cherry tomato near one end of the zucchini and start wrapping the tape around the tomato.
- At the end, prick the roll with a toothpick and set it aside.
- Repeat the process until you run out of ingredients.
- If you have leftover pesto, you can store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Serve and enjoy your zucchini rolls
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.