(Cooking Time: 10 minutes \ Preparation Time: 35 minutes \ Servings: 6)
Nutritional Facts: Calories 253g / Fats 3.1g / Cholesterol 0mg / Total Carbohydrate 15g / Protein 5.2g
- Food processor
- 2 pounds of red tomatoes (about 20 pieces);
- ½ pound long-grain rice
- 2 pounds of sweet pepper
- 7 carrot
- 4medium onions
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 cups of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of 40 salt
- Wash the tomatoes, fill them with hot water, and remove the skin after a few minutes.
- Peel and rinse carrots and onions, free peppers from seeds.
- Cut the bell pepper into strips, chop the carrot on a grater, and cut the onion into small cubes.
- Process the tomatoes; then season with salt and sugar, then pour in the olive oil and mix everything very well
- Put the tomato puree in a large metal container and cook, stirring occasionally, for about ten minutes over medium heat.
- Put the carrot, onion, bell pepper in the tomato container and wait for the mixture to boil.
- Wash the rice very well and put it in a container for vegetables; then let simmer for 35 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar three minutes before the end of cooking.
- Once cool; place the hot snack in pre-sterilized boxes, roll it up, wrap it in a thick cloth and let it cool for a couple of hours.
- Store or serve your appetizing snack!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.