(Cooking Time: 10 minutes \ Preparation Time: 10 minutes \ Servings: 4)
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Calories 165g / Fats 6g / Cholesterol 0mg / Total Carbohydrate 15g / Protein 5g
- Frying pan
- ½ red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp of oregano
- 1 tbsp malted yeast
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Peel and roughly chop the onion. Peel and grate the carrot.
- Put them in the bowl of your blender with all the other ingredients and blend until you obtain an homogeneous texture.
- Let the dough rest for about ten minutes (so that the oatmeal pieces can swell).
- Heat a frying pan with a little vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- When it is hot, put a small tbsp of batter on the pan and flatten it with a spatula.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown, then flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat the operation with all the dough.
- Serve with a little homemade ketchup or a yogurt sauce
- Enjoy your chickpea nuggets
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.