(Cooking Time: 20 minutes \ Preparation Time: 40 minutes \ Servings: 3-4)
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Calories 370g / Fats 14g / Cholesterol 10mg / Total Carbohydrate 8g / Protein 10g
- Baking Sheet
- 1 pound of cooked beets
- 1 pound of Puff pastry, rectangular
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 red onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Peel then chop the onions and garlic with the washed and drained spinach leaves.
- Brown the onion and the garlic in a pan with the oil for 6-8 minutes over medium heat. Peel the beets.
- Mix the cream in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Unroll the dough with its paper and place everything on a baking sheet.
- Spread the cream vertically on the right half of the dough. Add the spinach and lay the beets.
- Fold the dough over to enclose the beets.
- Seal the edges well and brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame and pumpkin seeds and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your beet Wellington
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.