When asked to bring over a dish for Thanksgiving, I always go with a fan favorite, Mac and Cheese. This is a super easy and super delicious Mac and Cheese recipe that anyone can try and get praise for this holiday season! It’s packed with a lot of nutrients and the kids will love it !!
(Cooking Time: 15 minutes \ Preparation Time: 50 minutes\ Servings: 3-4)
- Amount per Serving
- Calories 470g
- Fats 10g
- Cholesterol 12mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25g
- Protein 25g
- Baking Dish
- 1 lb of elbow pasta
- 1/2 Cup of unsalted butter
- 1 lb of Cheddar Cheese (or Vegan Cheese)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp of salt
- Pinches of Pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Boil the elbow pasta until it’s tender to your liking. Drain and then set aside.
- Sauteed the Onion and Garlic together until the onions are translucent. Try not to burn the Garlic.
- Combine Pasta, Garlic, Onions, Paprika, Salt, and Pepper. Now layer pasta into a baking dish
- Shred the Cheddar Cheese and set aside.
- Layer Pasta and place quarter-size cuts of butter on top of the layer evenly. Now sprinkle the shredded cheese on the layer, making sure to cover the pasta completely.
- If you have enough Pasta for another layer, then repeat the above step.
- Place in oven at 350° for 20-30 minutes. You are waiting for the cheese to melt completely and get to your desired brownness.
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
If you enjoyed this Thanksgiving Vegetarian Mac and Cheese recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.