This pasta recipe is perfect for dinner as it’s easy to make and incredibly delicious. It is creamy, rich and velvety with loads of mushrooms, eggplant, garlic and marinara sauce.
(Cooking Time: 20 minutes \ Preparation Time: 20 minutes \ Servings: 2-4)
Amount per Serving / Calories 278g / Fats 8g / Cholesterol 21mg / Total Carbohydrate 29g / Protein 14g
- ½ pound of dry pasta
- ½ of small cubed eggplant
- 2 Cups of cremini or button sliced mushrooms
- 3 Minced and divided garlic cloves
- 1 and ½ cups of vegan marinara sauce
- 2 Cup of water
- 2 and ¼ teaspoons of sea salt more
- 1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Rinse your eggplant and dice it into small cubes
- Put the eggplant in your sink and sprinkle it with salt; then set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the eggplant and dry it with a clean towel.
- Put a saucepan over a medium heat and add 3 tbsp of olive oil to your eggplant with 1 minced garlic clove.
- Add ½ teaspoon of sea salt and stir very well; then sauté your ingredients for about 5 minutes or until it becomes golden brown. Stir in the mushrooms and cook it for 2 more minutes. Set the ingredients aside.
- In your saucepan, add the water, the pasta, the marinara sauce and the remaining garlic cloves.
- Add 1 and ½ teaspoons of sea salt with 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Boil the mixture and set it aside to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Adjust your seasoning and add salt and herbs
- Remove the pasta from the heat and top it with the mixture of the eggplant and the mushroom; then add the parsley or the basil
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.