(Cooking Time: 15 minutes \ Preparation Time: 15 minutes \ Servings: 4-5)
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: Calories 226g / Fats 10.3g / Cholesterol 12mg / Total Carbohydrate 16g / Protein 16.5g
- Food Processor
- Baking Tray
To make the Basil and the Spinach Filling
- 2 Cups of soaked cashews
- 3 Crushed garlic cloves
- ¼ Cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ Cup of almond milk
- ½ Cup of basil
- ¾ cup of spinach
- ¼ Teaspoon of salt
- ½ Teaspoon of pepper
- 2 Eggplants
To make the tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Minced garlic cloves
- 1 Can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon of honey
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1Pinch of pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped basil
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 350° F
- Drain the cashews; then place it into a food processor with the nutritional yeast
- Add the lemon juice and the almond milk; then blend it until you obtain a creamy mixture
- Add the spinach and the basil; then pulse it very well
- Season the spinach with 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of pepper; then set it aside
- Slice the eggplants with clean paper towels in order to remove any excess of salt
- Bake the eggplant in the oven for about 15 minutes at a temperature of about 390° F
- Make the sauce by heating the olive oil into a saucepan over a medium heat; then add the garlic and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Season very well with 1 pinch of salt, 1 pinch of pepper
- Pour a small quantity of the sauce into the bottom of a baking tray.
- Put around 2 to 3 spoonfuls of the basil mixture and the spinach over the slices of the eggplants.
- Tightly roll the eggplant slices and place it into the baking tray
- Pour the remaining quantity of the sauce over the eggplants and bake it for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant cannelloni from the oven and top it with chopped basil.
- Serve and enjoy your dinner!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.