Hey, ready to try the most requested dessert at the thanksgiving table? Well. Let’s do it.
Pumpkin is a great source of nutrients and so I add pumpkin to recipes whenever I get a chance. This recipe is special to me because it’s my favorite dessert and Vegan.
(Cooking Time: 15 minutes \ Preparation Time: 40 minutes\ Servings: 4)
Amount per Serving
- Calories 323g
- Fats 13g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40g
- Protein 5.2g
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups of unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup very cold water
- 1 can of pumpkin purée
- 3 large eggs
- ½ pound of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, whipped into whipped cream
- 1 cup whole or semi-skimmed milk
- Start by preparing the dough; and to do that mix together the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add in the chopped butter and mix very well until you get a crumbly mixture. Add the sugar and mix well. Gradually add the very cold water, mixing with a wooden spoon and finishing by hand. Form a ball, wrap it in cling film and leave it to rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 440°F and butter a mold of your choice.
- Roll out the dough into a wide circle and transfer to the mold, trimming the edges if necessary.
- Cover with parchment paper, place sesame balls on top, then bake for 10 minutes. Remove the marbles and parchment paper; then return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F.
- For the filling: in a salad bowl, mix together the pumpkin purée, the eggs, and the brown sugar. Add the cornstarch, salt, spices, single cream (previously whipped with an electric mixer), and milk. Mix your ingredients very well.
- Pour the filling over the pre-baked pastry and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, covering the edges halfway through cooking if they start to brown too much.
- Transfer your pie to a wire rack and set it aside to cool for about 3 hours before serving.
- Serve and enjoy your pie with whipped cream
- Enjoy your dessert!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.