When I was doing my research about Thanksgiving deserts I found a very special traditional thanksgiving dessert which I wanted to modify and try for my Thanksgiving dinner. This recipe is all about it and believe me, its super delicious and you will be amused with crust and a sweet pecan filling.
(Cooking Time: 20 minutes \ Preparation Time: 50 minutes\ Servings: 5)
Amount per Serving
- Calories 455g
- Fats 25g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45g
- Protein 6g
- 1 pound of short crust pastry
- ½ pound of pecan kernels
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of acacia honey
- 1 cup of soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
For greasing the mold:
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Spread the dough on the work surface.
- Butter a square or tart tin and line it with the pastry. Prick the dough with a few strokes of the fork, without piercing it. Put the mold in the refrigerator and let the dough harden while you prepare the filling. Turn on the oven at 360°F.
- Prepare the filling: put the butter in a large bowl, add the brown sugar and beat for 1 minute with a hand whisk, until the mixture whitens.
- Add in the honey, vanilla and eggs, one by one, whisking constantly. Add in the pecans and mix very well with the use of a spatula.
- Remove the mold from the refrigerator and fill the dough with the pecan mixture.
- Smooth the surface with a spatula. Slide the mold into the hot oven and bake for 50 minutes
- When the pie is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes, before unmolding it. Serve warm or cold.
- Enjoy your dessert!