My Apple pie recipe is one of the best recipes that you can try at your home with minimum ingredients. This recipe is basically suitable for any occasion including thanksgiving parties. I recommend using a combination of apples for best flavor. Check my baked apple recipe I posted sometime ago. More apple recipes coming soon..
(Cooking Time: 10 minutes \ Preparation Time: 40 minutes\ Servings: 5)
Calories 277g / Fats 12.9g / Cholesterol 36mg / Total Carbohydrate 38g / Protein 2.2g
- Salad Bowl
- Baking Mold
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ⅔ Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 3 apples
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 Cup of icing sugar for dusting
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 F, butter and flour a mold of your choice, remove the excess.
- In a salad bowl pour the sugar and the eggs and beat with the mixer for a few minutes until a frothy texture.
- Add the melted and cooled butter and the vanilla. Beat a second time to incorporate.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour and beat on low speed.
- Then incorporate the apples with a spatula (keep a few apples to arrange on the surface).
- If you find the batter very thick, add 3 tablespoons of milk.
- Pour into the mold, level the surface.
- Arrange the apples on the surface. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out dry.
- Let the cake cool and unmold onto a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with a scoop of ice cream or fresh cream or salted butter caramel.
- Serve and enjoy your dessert!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.