- 2 puff pastry sheets ready to use
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups of ground almonds
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- To make a chocolate cake, start by melting the chocolate with the butter in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, mix the chocolate with the ground almonds, sugar, cinnamon and whole eggs. Mix your mixture very well.
- Place a puff pastry on parchment paper then cover the entire mixture.
- Moisten the edges of the dough with a brush then cover everything with the second dough.
- Curl the edges. Brush the cake with the egg yolk. Make a decoration on the dough, as well as a chimney (a hole) in the center to let the air escape.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven at 400°F.
- Serve and enjoy your cake!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.