- 1 ½ cups of chickpea juice about the juice from a ½ pound can
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips 70% cacao preferred
Topping of your choice:
- Goji berries slivered almonds, chocolate shavings, grated coconut, etc
- honey or coconut sugar
- To start, melt the chocolate over low heat in a double boiler, stirring constantly to prevent the chocolate from sticking.
- Next, collect the juice from a can of chickpeas using a strainer.
- Using an electric mixer beat the chickpea juice until stiff.
- Gently fold in the chickpea juice in several batches with the chocolate. Optional: add a little honey or coconut sugar.
- Pour the mousse into jars and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Add the topping of your choice, and it’s ready
- Serve and enjoy your dessert!
If you enjoyed this recipe or have suggestions on how we can improve it, please leave us a comment below. Also, make sure to check out other dishes I’ve created or stories I’ve written about food culture – here.