The Italians know a thing about dessert and this traditional one proves it. I love how creamy and welcoming this desert feels, even up to the last bite.
tir-a-mi-su = Cheer Me Up!
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Oat Milk
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 16 oz Vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 2 shots Espresso
- 2 tablespoons Coffee liquor
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 pinch of salt
DIRECTIONS (Part 1)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a 10×15 inch sheet pan.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and sugar to a large bowl. Make sure to mix well, so that ingredients combine. Pour canola oil, soy milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract over the dry ingredients in the bowl and lightly mix
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool on a cooling rack.
DIRECTIONS (Part 2)
Get a Blender and add vegan cream cheese, sugar, coconut oil, a pinch of salt, vanilla, and oat milk. Mix or blend until smooth, then place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help the cream firm up.
- Make espresso sauce: Add Espresso, liquor, and sugar in a medium bowl and then set aside.
- Get out an 8×8 inch cake pan or a dish with tall edges or walls. Dip each cake strip into the espresso mixture and place it on the bottom of the pan. Continue until there is an even layer of cake. Use a spatula to scoop half of your vegan cream on top of the cake and spread until it reaches the pan edges. Add another layer of espresso dipped cake pieces, then the rest of the cream and refrigerate.
- Leave the cake in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight to let the cream firm up and the flavors mingle. When you’re ready to serve, use a sifter to dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder.
Inspired by Nora Cooks