If you’re Vegan it can be hard to find tasty substitutes for meat, milk, or cheese. Luckily, I’ve been living this Vegan life for a long time, so I’ve learned a lot of tricks that remix your favorite dishes without using animal products. Scroll through and let me know what you think or comment below with your alternatives.
1. Tofu or Tempeh: Substitute for meat in most recipes, such as stir-fries or sandwiches.
2. Seitan: Known as “wheat meat,” it’s a high-protein meat substitute.
3. Jackfruit: A great substitute for pulled pork or shredded chicken.
4. Mushrooms: Use portobello mushrooms for a meaty texture in burgers or stews.
5. Eggplant: Can replace meat in dishes like eggplant Parmesan or moussaka.
6. Cauliflower: Make cauliflower steaks or use it in place of chicken in buffalo cauliflower
7. Legumes: Beans, lentils, and chickpeas are versatile sources of plant-based protein.
8. Nutritional Yeast: Provides a cheesy flavor and extra protein for vegan dishes.
9. Cashews: Blend them to make creamy sauces or vegan cheese.
10. Coconut Milk: A dairy-free alternative for creamy soups and curries.
11. Almond Milk: A versatile milk substitute for cooking and baking.
12. Nut Butters: Peanut, almond, or cashew butter can add richness to sauces and dressings.
13. Chia Seeds: Create a gel-like texture in place of eggs for baking.
14. Flax Seeds: Another egg substitute when mixed with water.
15. Agar-Agar: A vegan gelatin alternative for setting desserts.
16. Aquafaba: The liquid from canned chickpeas is great for whipping up into meringue or binding in baking.
17. Plant-Based Oils: Coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil are alternatives to butter.
18. Plant-Based Yogurt: Use soy or almond yogurt in place of dairy yogurt.
19. Kelp Flakes: A seafood substitute in dishes like vegan sushi or seafood stews.
20. Vegetable Broth: Replace meat broth or stock in recipes.
21. Tamari: A vegan alternative to regular soy sauce.
22. Date Paste: A natural sweetener in place of sugar or honey in recipes.
23. Maple Syrup: A substitute for honey in recipes.
24. Agave Nectar: Another sweetener in place of honey.
25. Tahini: A creamy sesame paste often used in dressings and sauces.
26. Vegan Cheese: Available in various flavors and textures.
27. Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles): Substitute for pasta in dishes.
28. Coconut Cream: A thicker version of coconut milk for rich sauces and desserts.
29. Soy or Almond Milk Ice Cream: For a dairy-free dessert option.
30. Plant-Based Sausages and Burgers: Available in many flavors, these can replace meat in various dishes.